Saturday, November 8, 2014

September 8, 2014


Dear Family and Friends,

What a week!!! It was a week of changes for sure! I was "single" this week which was so weird. My companion was transferred to Belém on Tuesday and I stayed here in a trio/ with members doing splits whenever I could. It was so weird not having a companion. I was a little lost to be honest. I realized that it will be such a hard adjustment when I get back to make decisions and just simply walk in the street alone!! Weird!!!! haha  

With this experience, I also learned the importance of companions. I only have 50% of the inspiration and without the other 50% our work doesn’t run smoothly. I am so grateful that I will have a companion in these next few days :) Today I was studying in Isaiah 41 and wanted to share a bit that I learned. i was really touched by verses 10 and 13.  

10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, i will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 
13 "For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, fear not; I will help thee." 

When I read these verses I felt an overwhelming love of my Savior knowing that I am not alone in this work. He is holding my hand and guiding me where I need to go. We don’t need to fear in this life! Fear and faith cannot coexist! Our Savior is with us! He can never forget us because his hands are marked with each of our names. I find so much comfort knowing that my Savior knows how I am feeling and has lived every hardship that we each pass in our lives. I love Him. 

I hope you each have a wonderful week :) Love you all!! 

Love Always,

Sister Sender 

Ps: I will be staying here in Castanhal :) I think I will be finishing my mission here which will be wonderful! I love my district!! We are setting records and seeing miracles :)

PS: yesterday was independence day here :) (They don’t use fireworks... only for soccer games haha) 
love you all!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment