Saturday, November 8, 2014

October 20, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

Another great week :) We had a few challenges (with a baptism falling through), but we are overcoming those challenges. As I was studying this week, I thought a lot about my call to serve. I often thought to myself... what was the Lord thinking calling me? I am just "Sister Sender". I found my answer and comfort when I was reading in Amos. (I finished the old testament this week!! :)  

Amos 7:14-16 "Then Answered Amos, and said to Amaziah, I was no prophet, neither was I a prophet's son; but I was a herdsman, and a gatherer of sycamore fruit: and the Lord took me as I followed the flock, and the Lord said unto me, go, prophesy unto my people Israel. Now therefore hear thou the word of the Lord: Thou sayest, Prophesy not against Israel, and drop not thy word against the house of Isaac."

I thought to myself! Wow! Amos was a simple man and was called to be a prophet of God! Look at everything that he did and the difference he has made in the restoration of the gospel! I too can make a difference as simple "Sister Sender". We each can! 

I know that the Lord works through small and simple means. He qualifies his servants. I am so grateful to be one of his representatives. I love this gospel and love my savior. 
 

Have a wonderful week!! 

Love Always,
Sister Sender 

No comments:

Post a Comment