Saturday, November 8, 2014

September 29, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

It is hard to believe that September is already over and that October is here! I bet the leaves are starting to change! I think fall is the most beautiful season back in Ohio. Nothing beats driving out to the church in Hiram and soaking in the beauty of the changing maple trees driving down the big hill. Here in Belém, the seasons do not change very much. There is sunshine with rain and then sunshine with more sunshine. We are currently in "summer" or the hottest part of the year. When it rains the heat just gets worse as it rises from the ground and the sun shining down at the same time. Yesterday was hot... the road was steaming! It looked like the hot air that comes out of the oven when you open it. I think we might just have to try frying an egg on the sidewalk today! I love the sunshine! :)  

This week was full of challenge and spiritual experiences. We have been working with an investigator named Fabio and he is ready to be baptized. He was having a hard time recognizeing his answer but with lots of prayer and discussions, he received his answer. He aid that when he started praying, he felt like he had a debt to be paid and that when he finished or asked for an answer, he felt as though his debt had been paid. He then explained that he feels two types of peace. A peace that he feels in three moments. At church, during our lessons, and when he prays. It was an incredible conversation helping him recognize his answer! The spirit wa incredible. Yes, he still needs to understand more about the importance of baptism and enduring to the end, but he received his answer! Peace!! One of the most powerful fruits of the spirit! 

I love this work!! I know I say that every week, but it is because that love grows each and every week. I love my Savior so much and am so grateful for the power of repentance. I am not a perfect missionary, but through his infinite grace, my best efforts are enough. 

Have a wonderful week!

 

Love Always,

Sister Sender  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment