Saturday, November 8, 2014

October 27, 2014

Dear Family and Friends!

What a week of change! (and lack of sleep!) On Monday night we received a call from the Zone leaders that we would be transferred. I was super sad knowing that I didn’t get to say goodbye to any of my recent converts :( I called a few and surprisingly a Irmão went and picked up Isabel and she went in front of our house to give me a hug and say goodbye. It was a tender moment. Man saying goodbye was so hard!! Fabio and Andressa surprised us too! It was so hard!! But we are doing to Lords work and we were called to serve in other areas.  

I am currently in Cabanagem (Independência) opening another area! (4th time during my mission.... I was called to open areas haha) I am serving with Sister Vargas!! (2nd time together) She is wonderful and we are excited. 

We also had a "Mission Tour" with Elder Fernandez (Area Brasil) on Friday which was great! I learned a ton and am so excited to help the people here. Our ward needs our help and we are willing to do everything we can :) We are currently teaching two families that we found this week :) We are planning a wedding and they are so excited :)  I think that was the hardest part about leaving Nova Olinda.... knowing that we were teaching a family that was close to baptism. I have learned that many times we plant the seeds and others harvest the fruits.  

With all of the changes and traveling I am exhausted, but am so happy :) We are teaching families!!! I think it is the most beautiful sight seeing a family united through the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the Lord called me to serve in this area with a purpose, and I am determined to fulfill my purpose here in the time that I have left to serve.  

I love you all!! I know that our Savior Lives! He loves us!! 

Have a wonderful week :) 

Love Always,

Sister Sender 

Cultural/ outras coisas:

- they eat a ton of spaghetti noodles here in my area. (mixed with rice and beans).... my stomach is adjusting yet again... cough cough 

- yesterday at church the members didn’t know that I was American..... that was a cool compliment.... :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment