Friday, September 5, 2014

July 8, 2014


Dear Family and Friends,

I feel like my life is currently running a race that never slows down! This week was incredible and so busy! Because of the world cup, Tuesday (I think it was Tuesday haha) we had to stay home for the afternoon and I was going crazy haha I wanted to be teaching people. Then Wednesday we traveled to Belém for a leadership conference, and then yesterday we had mission conference in Belém. It was incredible :) So today we have a little bit of time to send out a message. This week was full of miracles. I learned a ton about the power of work, faith and prayer. We have been sprinting full speed and miracles are happening. We have been teaching a ton of new people and they are progressing. I really feel the Saviors love for them and my love for my investigators grows daily. I wanted to share a quick experience.

Jamile and Camile. One day a few weeks ago, we were walking in the street and my comp saw a tree that she loves to make "tea" (water with the leaves boiled in it) with the leaves.  We knocked on the door and asked if we could pick some leaves from the tree. Jamile said yes and we started talking to her. We felt really strongly to just be blunt with her. We told her our purpose and that we had a message to share with her "right now" We entered her house and shared a spirit filled lesson. she was excited and I know that she was waiting for us. We marked a return appt and left. When we returned for the second visit he was waiting and ready with her sister (camile). They both were actively involved in the lesson and were excited about visiting the church. When Sunday came... they weren’t home. We were heart broken. We passed by the next day and their mom said that they went to Belém because of a death in the family, but had called a bunch of times to make sure that we knew that they wanted to go the following week. That was exciting we returned and kept teaching. They went to a baptism service on Saturday and said it was "incredible". They eagerly went to church Sunday and are preparing for baptism. We are so excited! They even cancelled a summer vacation so that they can be baptized :) I know that the Lord planted that special tree in front of their house for a reason ;)

 I am so grateful for the power of the spirit. I know that Christ lives and loves us. It is through the first step of baptism that we can come closer to Christ. It is not just any random baptism. It is being baptized in the Christ's restored church by someone holding the priesthood authority of God. A power that you can only find in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that to be true because the Holy Ghost has testified in my heart that it is true. I love this work and know that there are thousands waiting to learn about this beautiful gospel.

I love you all!! Have a wonderful week

Love always,

Sister Sender

No comments:

Post a Comment