Friday, September 5, 2014

July 14, 2014


Dear Family and Friends,

This week flew by!!! I feel like I haven’t slept in a year haha but it is so worth it! We had a miracle on Saturday with the Baptism of Jamile :) She was glowing and so ready :) It really put into perspective yet again for me that our father in Heaven really does love us. He loves Jamile so much and prepared her for this time. Yesterday, when she received the Holy Ghost, in her blessing, she was promised that she would always have the strength to be a light for her family and friends. She most certainly is and I am so proud of her decision to enter Christ's church. Camilie is preparing to be baptized in a few weeks and we are excited for her :) 

 

We also had a wonderful miracle yesterday that was combined with a miracle during the week. We had received a reference to visit kyle and he was so ready. He mentioned that he has been visiting the church every Wednesday night for more than two years, but never had missionaries teach him. We talked with him and when I asked why he wanted baptized in the church he replied "I never was invited!". I think my chin almost touched the ground. We taught him and he accepted a baptismal date without a question. Then yesterday we called to confirm that he would be going to church and he said yes everything was good to go. it was a little bit before church started and my comp felt impressed to call him. We called and he said that he wouldn’t be going to church because he didn’t have a way to get there. We quickly arranged a way and he loved the church service and was so excited. I know that the spirit was testifying to him and my comp yesterday. 

 

I love this work and the miracles that we are seeing. Yes it is hard work, are there are lots of moments of disappointment (one investigator snuck out his window yesterday and didn’t want to talk to us), but the miracles and spiritual moments make every effort worth it. 

 

I hope that you are all doing well! Thank you for the thoughts and prayers! 

 

Love always,

Sister Sender 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment