Monday, May 12, 2014

April 7, 2014


Dear Family and friends!

How are you all doing!? This week was full of surprises! Monday night the zone leader called and told us all about the transfer again. He had already said that i would be staying in Icoaraci with Sister Felix. I was excited. But then Monday night he said that Sister Felix would be transferred to a different area and that i would be training. It was a tough change, sister Felix was pretty emotional saying goodbye. :(  so yep I am now officially a "mom" in the mission and my companion calls me "mãe" it is kind of silly if you ask me haha. Sister L. Oliveira is from São Paulo (4th companion from SP) :) i have officially changed companions four 4 transfers straight... maybe something is wrong with me.... haha


We also had the chance to watch general conference this past weekend. It was wonderful to watch it in Portuguese and understand everything and even translate a little for a new American sister. I loved all of the talks, but i especially loved President Monson's talk about loving one another and President Packer’s talk. I loved when President Packer talked about our father in heaven and how that out of every possible calling he could have chosen; He chose to be a Father. He chose to be our loving Heavenly Father. We truly are so blessed to have someone love us just as much as our father in heaven loves us. I think about how much I love my family and just how special they are to me. Imagine how Heavenly Father feels about us. It is incredible.

I love conference and the time that we get to listen to a prophet of God. I know that we really do having a living prophet that leads and guides the true church of Christ here on the earth. One of my investigators that was with me watching, "Suely" she was amazed by the talks and the overwhelming spirit. She had earlier this week separated from the guy she has been living with and filed divorce with her actual husband. She has been making so many huge life changes, and after conference she was truly comforted and received every response that she needed. She bore her testimony to us sisters and accepted to be baptized this coming Saturday. She is incredible and I am so excited for her. This gospel really does bring others unto Christ and helps us make the necessary changes to one day return and live with our father in Heaven.

I love my Savior and know that he lives! I know that His gospel has been restored and that he is guiding each of us on our journey back home.

Have a wonderful week! I know I will too :)

Love always,

Sister Sender

 

No comments:

Post a Comment