Monday, May 12, 2014

April 28, 2014


Dear Family and Friends,

Another wonderful week here in Icoaraci!! Miracles are happening and we are starting to feel a huge difference in the members here. Saturday we had a baptism for Elton (28 years old) and it was wonderful. It was the first baptism this ward has had in over 5 months and it was wonderful. My companion was so excited and I couldn’t help but thank my father in heaven for helping us bring one more soul unto Christ. Elton has an incredible story and i am so honored to be a part of his journey in the Gospel of Christ. As I watched him enter the waters of baptism i was again reminded of the joy that this gospel brings and also of my purpose as a missionary. We are to invite others to come unto Christ by making and keeping covenants with him. I am so grateful for this calling. We have the best job in the world! Invite others to accept Christ and then feel of the power and love the gospel brings. 

 

I learned a lot about repentance and charity this week. I had many moments this week when I felt like I should be doing so much more. Teaching more, inviting more, helping, serving, and loving more  sincerely. I had a pretty good conversation with God and felt that he has and is accepting my work here in the mission field, but I know that he has a even greater potential for me here in Brazil. i am determined to fulfill that purpose. This life is full of difficulties and hardship, but I know and testify that it is through difficulties that we learn and grow. He breaks us down so that we can raise up stronger than we were yesterday.  I am feeling this strengthening process in my life daily and know that he is just guiding and helping me become who I need and want to be. 

 

i love this work and love this gospel. I know that this work is the work of the Lord and that he is guiding his church. It is like Elder Holland said, "why is this work so difficult? Because salvation was never easy". I know that if we do our part and keep the commandments of our Father in Heaven He will bless us more than we can comprehend. 

 

I love each of you! Have a wonderful Week! 

 

Love always,

Sister Sender 

 

cultural: 

- they mix avocado with milk and sugar in the blender and drink it like juice. They think it is weird eating avocado with salt. 

- when we wash dishes. you don’t rinse off the food before washing. just use the same dirty sponge and soap and wash everything and once everything is covered with soap bubbles rinse and dry. (with cold water of course) :) 

- shower curtains and doors don’t exist the bathroom is just a open space and you squeegee the floor after wards. 

- after lunch it is normal to put the food back in the pots and pans with a lid. or back in the oven (turned off). and then at night just turn on the stove and eat again. 

- we hug and kiss everyone... yesterday my face was covered with lipstick at church haha 

 

love you all! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment