Monday, May 12, 2014

April 14, 2014


Dear Family and Friends!!

 

Happy Easter!! I hope you all have wonderful family Easter plans :)

                            

This week was a fun, tough and learning filled week. I got super sick this week but kept working along. When I finally woke up burning with a fever, sore throat, cough, runny nose, aching I spent a few hours with a member of the ward who took great care of me. I am almost 100% better which is such a good thing. We don’t have time to get sick on the mission and I am training so I don’t have time to stop working. I love this work :)

 

This week was a week full of learning and I had moments when I got a glimpse of how our Heavenly Father feels when we "slip up". Our investigator Surely went through a ton of huge changes this week and was progressing wonderfully. She has been living the word of wisdom and Law of Chastity and changing her life. It has been remarkable to see the hand of the Lord molding her. I love her so much. Satan has been working so hard on her this week too, and sadly he earned a few points this week. The day of her interview everything feel through and as we sat and talked with I couldn’t help but feel heart-broken, frustrated, sad and just wanted to give up. After doing everything that we could do, we left her house and I took a moment to offer an emotional prayer to my father in heaven. In that exact moment I felt exactly how our heavenly father feels when we sin or step off of the path. We spend our whole life trying to stay strong and hold on to the rod, but then fall time after time. Every time that we fall, our heavenly Father's heart is aching and he just wants us to do what is right. I felt that for Surely this week. I just wanted her to stay strong in the perfect gospel of Christ and accept the blessings that lay ahead of her, but Satan works 24-7. I know that through the atonement of Christ we each have the power to stand up again, repent, and stand strong against the power of the adversary. He doesn’t have any more power over us, but that which we give him. i have grown to love the people here in Icoaraci and just want to help them feel and see the hand of the Lord in each of their lives. I know that he lives and that he resurrected on the third day. I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and his eternal love for each of us. I know that it is never too late to stand up and try again.

 

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter and take time to remember our Savior Jesus Christ.

 

Love Always,

Sister Sender

 

Cultural:

-They don’t cover anything before putting it in the refrigerator

- tissues are super expensive so they use towels.

- when you are sick they make you eat 5x more than usual.... so yeah those few hours with the member..... i ate so much.... and had no desire to eat

- clothes are optional.... haha 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment