Monday, May 12, 2014

April 21, 2014


Dear Family and Friends,

 

Another week já!! crazy!! The time is flying by so fast that I need to catch up. This week was a tough one, but I learned a ton and training has been wonderful. My companion is great and she is always so excited to try new things. Easter was also wonderful. It was wonderful to take a moment and remember the sacrifice our Savior made for each of us and the beautiful resurrection. I look forward to the day that we will all be resurrected and reunited with our Savior. 

 

I was feeling a bit down this week. I have been super sick and just stubborn about it. (I know it is not good to be stubborn). I kept thinking about what my dad always taught me. Get up, take a shower, and start your day. I did just that and somehow managed to work all day every day this week. I know that I was not the one walking the streets of Icoaraci this week. One day Sister Conforme (a sister from Ecuador that lives with me) shared a scripture with me. 1 Corinthians 15:58 "Therefore my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.". When I read this scripture I was touched and felt strongly that the Lord sees and is aware of my efforts here. He will give me the strength to continue strong. I know that he is guiding this work and that I am just the instrument that He is using. It is like I said every day this week when the Sisters were shocked that I was working, studying and not resting being super sick, "it's because I am a Sender". We don’t have time in this life to take a break or stop giving our all. When times get tough, keep pushing forward and the blessings will come. I know this to be true and have truly experienced it this week as we have been teaching may of the true restored gospel of Christ. 

 

I love this work and wouldn’t trade my time here in Brazil for anything. 

 

Love you all!! Happy belated Easter!!

 

Love always,

Sister Sender 

No comments:

Post a Comment