Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 11, 2013


Dear Family and Friends,

Another week has passed by and I feel like I emailed yesterday. This week was full of excitement. We had a wedding, church building dedication, open house, and baptism for six people. I talked/worked with so many people and could really feel the joy and excitement of the members. They have been waiting more than twenty years for this beautiful chapel and after having church meetings in two different houses, the members here have a church building. The mission president and Sister Scisci were here Saturday and it was wonderful talking with them. They were in shock with my Portuguese and expressed lots of love and concern for us four sisters here in Capanema. After the dedication, we had a baptism service for six people. My first family was baptized and the spirit was incredible. When Idelcina exited the water she hugged me until I was soaking wet. We were all crying as she repeatedly said "I am baptized, I can’t believe it, I really am baptized!" we then watched her spouse Silva be baptized by his son. It is through tender moments like this that my testimony is strengthened. While we waited for the newly baptized members to change into dry clothes, us four sisters and two elders sand a special musical number. The spirit was incredible. Sister Scisci was in tears and many of our present investigators had tears streaming. My testimony was strengthened. I know that the gospel of Christ has been restored and that through Christ, we can return to live with our Father in Heaven. Baptism is the first step/ first door we need to open in order to achieve our goal of living with our families for all eternity. I love this gospel and know it is true. I love you all so much and am so grateful for my eternal family!

 

Love Always,

Sister Sender

No comments:

Post a Comment