Sunday, December 22, 2013

November 18,2013


Dear Family and Friends,

Another week down and I still feel like the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. Time is flying by and I can already feel the impact my mission has had on my life. I am so grateful for this time to serve and grow. We had a mission conference this week in Belem with almost all of the missionaries here in missão Brasil Belém. It was wonderful to see many of my friends from the MTC and the missionaries that arrived with me. Elder Fernando of the seventy spoke to us as well as President and Sister Scisci. I learned a lot and reflected a lot as well. Just four months ago I arrived in Brazil and sat through a mission conference where I didn’t understand anything, and now I am basically fluent. We learned a lot about faith and obedience and my desire to serve and work increased. Sister Scisci said something that stood out to me. "We must first lift our foot with a step of faith, and then God will place the floor for us. Every choice and action in this life is a step of faith and the Lord is directing our paths. In my life, serving a mission was a huge act of faith, and God is placing the floor for me. It is like Elder Fernando said during the conference "Never say your mission is a sacrifice! Your mission is a privilege!" This is so true. Yes I sacrificed many things to serve, but the blessings and things I am learning are priceless. My mission is a privilege. I get to share my heart and love with people every day and know I am serving our Loving Heavenly Father. I came across this scripture the other day and loved it..."Nevertheless, ye are blessed, for the testimony which ye have borne is recorded in heaven for the angels to look upon; and they rejoice over you, and your sins are forgiven you." D&C 62:3 Every time we share the gospel, our words are recorded in heaven and our sins are forgiven. Share the gospel this Christmas season and remember that we have a Father in Heaven that knows and loves each of us! 

 

I love you all!! 

Love Always,

Sister Sender

 

Cultural Things:

 

They take naps in hammocks after lunch 1-3pm and some people sleep in hammocks

- Thanksgiving is an American holiday (eat some turkey for me)

- they play soccer on concrete soccer fields barefoot. 

-food is meshed all together on their plates and eaten as a mountain of mixed food. 

- it is normal for 10 people to share a bowl of ice cream and pass around one spoon. 

 

Love you all!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment