Sunday, December 22, 2013

November 25, 2013


Dear family and Friends,

I feel like I start my letters the same way every week. "This week flew by", but honestly this week was so slow! We are waiting to hear about transfers so I feel like things are up in the air. Will I see my investigators a week from now? Will I have to say goodbye to my recent converts and members? It is so bitter sweet. I grow attached to people and love the people here and it is hard for me to say goodbye. We usually know the details of the transfer on Sunday and then prepare Monday and travel Tuesday, but President Scisci was in São Paulo all week for training and then spoke at stake conference yesterday morning and then again last night. So the entire mission is waiting. I have been in Capanema for 4.5 months with the same companion. I think at least one of us will be transferred. 

 

This week was a week of reflection. I have thought a lot about my weaknesses and what I can do to be better. It is interesting how on the mission it is so much easier to feel my weaknesses and my desire to improve is so much stronger. We are here on this earth to grow, learn, and progress. We are given weaknesses so that we will humble ourselves and turn to our Heavenly Father in faith, and he will teach us how to turn our weaknesses into strengths; (Ether 12:27). I am so grateful for this. We do not have to live in weakness. We can progress through faith. 

I have also been thinking a lot about Thanksgiving. This is my first year not actually celebrating Thanksgiving, and 2nd away from family. It is tough. But I was thinking about this yesterday.... I don’t need to eat turkey to celebrate Thanksgiving. I just need to keep my family in my heart (like always) and express thanks to my father in heaven and those I love.

 

Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, and sacrifices for me. Thank you for the love each of you have shown me. I want to thank my family for creating special traditions and memories full of love that I will never forget and want to pass on in my future family. I am thankful for our health and strength and also for the time I have to serve the Lord. i am about to complete my 6th month. The time is passing by so fast. I am grateful for the knowledge that we have and for my eternal family. I left my family for a short little while, so that others can be with theirs for eternity. 

 

I love you all! Have a wonderful week and Happy Thanksgiving!

 

Love always,

Sister Sender 

 

Cultural:

-people pump your gas for you and you pay afterwards

- it is rare to have internet in your house. They use cybers

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment