Saturday, June 14, 2014

June 9, 2014


Dear Family and Friends,

(I literally started this letter in Portuguese and had to start over...oh boy). This week was wonderful! We have been teaching a ton of people and running around the city of Icoaraci like crazy. We have been teaching this 25 year old named Andre and he is so excited about the gospel. Every time we pass by his house, he is always full of questions and a desire to learn more. He went to church yesterday and then was invited to our lunch appt. It was wonderful to see the members interacting with him and sharing parts of their testimonies with him throughout lunch. The gospel really does change people.

 

The other day I was thinking a lot about the concept of change. I find it so interesting that as we journey through life, we each go through a gradual molding process. Usually this molding process is slow and steady, but at times to Lord puts trials in our path. I started studying a little bit about adversity and its purpose. In "true to the faith" I read an awesome description of Adversity. I was overwhelmed with the love of my Savior as I came to more fully understand his perfect sacrifice. He paid the price for all of our sins and understands us perfectly. It is such a simple concept, but at the same time it is so complicated. How can someone perfectly understand every person that lives on this earth? Seems impossible right? I then came to more fully understand that nothing is impossible in the eyes of God. Our Savior is perfect and therefore he knows perfectly how to help, love, and serve every person that has, is and will walk this earth. To me that is incredible. I am so grateful for this gospel; I know that it is the only pathway to everlasting happiness. Like it says in Mosiah 2:4, If we keep the commandments we will be blessed both spiritually and physically, and if we endure to the end we will be received in heaven to live with God in a state of never-ending happiness. That is our goal and our purpose in this life. I know that it is through the atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ that we can one day return to live with our Father in Heaven and feel of the never-ending happiness that awaits us. 

 

I love this work! I love this gospel! 

 

Love you all :) Have a great week! 

 

Love Always,

Sister Sender 

 

Ps: the world cup is starting and the streets are filled with banners and decorations. We even helped our neighbor paint a huge Brazilian flag on the driveway this morning. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment