Saturday, July 5, 2014

June 16, 2014

Dear Family and Friends!!!

ok here we go!!!! It was a crazy beyond busy week and I am now currently sitting in a cyber on the other side of  Belém!! I was transfered today to Castanhal. (it is about 1.5 hours from Capanema my first area, but is in the same zone). I am yet again opening up a new area in the mission! Third time is a charm right?? haha I think Heavenly Father is laughing at me a little :) I will be serving with a "mini-missionary". (Which is member that lives here). I have a ton of work ahead of me. I am excited and nervous. Like all of the elders keep saying "wow only a warrior could do what you are about to do". It will be fun :) 

This past week was so fun! I finished up training Sister L. Oliveira and it was bitter sweet. We taught a ton and shared a lot of love and laughter with the people. We even did a few service projects :) We helped an adorable old lady clean her house that was full of stuff. She is a collector. I washed dishes for 3 hours. We also gave her dog a bath and washed all of her clothes etc. It was quite a project!! We also helped a woman in our ward move a bunch of old rotten wood etc to help with the construction of her new house. It was a blast! 

I also hit the 1 year mark this week!! Wow one year serving the Lord full-time. It feels like yesterday I was at the MTC hugging Nathan goodbye. Crazy how fast the time flies. Thursday was also the first game of the world cup for Brazil. We were not allow to leave our house after 3:30pm because of the parties and drinking etc. (tomorrow will be the same thing again). We used the time at home to study and celebrate me completing one year. The sisters made a cake and I took a little bit of time to reflect on the past year of my life. I have matured and grown so much!! My mission has changed my life forever. I now have a even stronger relationship with my savior and know that he lives and loves us. This work is powerful and I am so grateful that the Lord called me to serve at this time and this place. I love this gospel and I love my Savior. I love seeing the smiles and light enter the faces of the people when they start to feel of His powerful everlasting love. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week!! Wish me luck!! 

love always,
Sister Sender 

ps: I am serving in Castanhal. My area is called Nova Linda III (translation.. new beautiful 3) 

No comments:

Post a Comment