Saturday, July 5, 2014

June 23, 2014


Dear Family and Friends,

 

It was an incredible week! I stayed in a trio Monday- Wednesday waiting for my companion to arrive. She arrived late Wednesday night :) Sister G. Cardoso (mini missionary that is a member here in Belem). We started working right away. When I spoke with the zone leaders about the division of our area and training my comp, he replied "it is up to you, do what you think is best with everything". That stressed me out a bit, but through prayer and working hard, everything started to fall into place and I was feeling better. I have learned here in the mission field that whenever we start feeling comfortable the Lord throws another challenge our way to help us grow. He did just that with me. On Thursday my zone leader called and said " Sister Sender I have some news for you". My first thought was "oh no who died..." He then said "The Lord has another calling ahead of you... you have been called to be District leader over the sisters in our Zone". I did not see that one coming. I have started praying even more than ever and after a few stressful days, I know and have faith that the Lord will qualify me for this responsibility. We have a huge work to do here in Castanhal and I am excited to serve even more than I ever thought possible. 

 

I have learned that this gospel is the only way to feel perfect love. We have the complete gospel restored here on the earth and we each have the responsibility to share this wonderful message. Here in Castanhal the people are so accepting! My area is huge, but the people are so humble and willing to make sacrifices for the Lord. We are doing street contacts all the time and I am just shocked at how ready these people are to hear our message. My love for them and this gospel grows daily. I can’t wait to share so many incredible stories with you all, but my time is even shorter now than ever. Please just know that I know our savior lives. He loves each of us and will never leave us comfortless. I would not be able to accomplish everything he has placed before me if it were not for my Savior Jesus Christ. He is perfect, but he loves us in our imperfection.

 

I love you each!! Have a wonderful week :)

 

Love always,

Sister Sender 

No comments:

Post a Comment