Saturday, June 14, 2014

May 26, 2014


Dear family and friends,

Another week and weird to think May is already coming to a close! It just started! Crazy how the time flies! This week I have thought and studied a lot about agency (our freedom to choose). I was reading in 2 Nephi and was touched by a comment Nephi made, "My soul delighted in the proving unto my people the truth of the coming of Christ..." (2 nephi 11:4). I feel that same joy teaching the people here in Icoaraci and want them to just accept the restored gospel. I can’t help but feel sad and even hurt when they don't accept our message or keep commitments. As I was studing "why" people reject us so frequently, I came across another scripture that answered my question, (2 nephi 10:23) "Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves- to choose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life." We have agency or the freedom to choose the path we want to walk. I cannot make the choice for anyone, but I can invite them to accept the pathway to eternal life. It is upsetting at time and I just wish every person on the earth could understand that they are free to choose and that the Lord will send them the means to choose the way to eternal life, they just need to accept the way of the Lord and do their part. I know that if we follow Christ and stay on the Lord's pathway, the never-ending blessings will come. That is why there are two sides to every promise. The Lord promises blessings and we promise to keep His commandments. If we do our part, He will do his part perfectly. I love this work and am striving to become the servant He wants me to become. It is a slow process, but it is based on a perfect plan. 

 

I love you all!! Have a wonderful week!! 

 

Love Always,

Sister Sender 

 

Cultural/ moments of the week...

 

-Embarrassing moment!! I don’t know what happened, but my throat closed up during lunch yesterday and I couldn’t breathe. My comp just stared at me and I had to make the "I am choking sign" Sister Conforme had to do the hylemic manuver (i think that is how you spell it)! Yeah soooo embarrassing!!! but I am ok now :) 

 

- I have heard more gun shots this week than in my entire mission

 

No comments:

Post a Comment