Monday, October 7, 2013

Time flying by....


9/16/13 https://bay172.mail.live.com/mail/clear.gifhttps://bay172.mail.live.com/mail/clear.gif
 
Sent:
Mon 9/16/13 10:10 AM
 
 

Hello Family and friends!

Another week down and the time is flying by! This week was a week full of learning experiences. In my mission I have learned that obedience brings miracles. I have strived to follow every rule and do everything in my power to be a good example and missionary. I know that because of this, miracles are coming. 

 

We had two baptisms this week. A 18 year old named Vinicius who is incredible and a 17 year old young woman that the other sisters taught. The spirit in the meeting was incredible. In moments like this make struggles in my mission worth every minute. Our purpose as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ. As I have been teaching people about our Savior Jesus Christ, I have felt very close to my Savior. Life is hard, and my mission has been difficult, but I know that I am not alone. The Savior knows our hearts and he knows our desires, and when we are patient blessings and help will come. I read this quote this morning and love love love it! "Life is full of difficulties, some minor and others of a more serious nature. There seems to be an unending supply of challenges for one and all. Our problem is that we often expect instantaneous solutions to such challenges, forgetting that frequently the heavenly virtue of patience is required." -President Thomas S. Monson 

 

This is very true. I know that through patience we grow immensely and that the Lord works through patience. I love this work and love Brazil. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to serve my Father in Heaven. i am sacrificing time with my family so that others can live with theirs for eternity. 

 

Have a wonderful week!

 

Love Always,

Sister Sender 

 

PS: cultural things

1) Wedding rings are a simple gold bands placed on the right hand and engagement rings are silver and placed on the right hand 

2) milk here is powder because liquid is very expensive

3) we store sugar and all types of food in the fridge because ants get into everything  

No comments:

Post a Comment