Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I made it!


Date: July 29, 2013, 3:35:10 PM EDT
To: Joan Sender <jsender4@hotmail.com>, Doug Sender <doug.sender@gmail.com>

I made it!

 

I only get ten minutes because I am in the mission office. but usually I will get 1 hr. I will give you more details next week. (I had to go to the police for the third time to get finger printed and registered)

 

first off i love you all so much! The plane ride was great but long. i was traveling for 29+ hrs!! my calling card wouldn’t work in Sao Paulo 

 

My new area is called Capanema in the city of Castanhal. My companion and I (who doesn’t speak any English) are the first sisters to serve there in 15 years!! We are opening a new area and the people are incredible!! 

 

We had our first baptism on Saturday! I was having a rough time because people speak so fast and I can speak but then the spirit I felt at the baptism made me realize that this is why I am here. I have my moments with the cultural shock. 2 ice cold showers a day and lizards in the apt. but I love the people. 

 

I am out of time but I love you and will write a lot more next week!! please pray for me!! 

 

-love always 

 

Sister Sender

 

ps: everyone stares at me... I am the Americano that is tall and white haha with light eyes..... yeah I thought mine were dark.... nope haha 

 

They are building a brand new church building... it looks like a temple!! Gorgeous! It has A/c which is a miracle! It is 100% humidity here and no a/c (I stopped wearing makeup the first day haha)

 

 I play the piano at everything! I played at zone conference for a musical number and then again for church in Capanema. 

 

 

love love love you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment