Saturday, August 24, 2013

Family and Friends

Dear Friends and Family,
Crazy to think this coming week is full of landmarks!! On Wednesday I will turn 20!!! ahhhh haha No longer a teenager... I am not sure if I am ready, but the day is here. Then on Thursday I reach my one month mark in Brazil! Muito Legal! (very cool)
 
This past week was a whirl wind! Way too fast! I feel like a wrote you all yesterday. This week was a challenging yet good one. We taught lots of people and are moving forward. I think the hardest part is getting people to church. Church is at 9am and people here love love love to sleep, and will not wake up a sleeping person. So that is a little tough. We have been teaching a 15 yr old boy named Khonatan and he is incredible. We met him at church last week and he wanted to learn more. In a lesson with him, we were talking about the doctrine of Christ and the five principles the savior taught. 1) faith 2) repentance 3)baptism 4) receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost 5) enduring to the end. We talked a lot about faith. What is faith? The answer is found in the Book of Mormon. Alma 32:21 "faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true." Faith is a belief/knowledge of things you cannot physically see, but are true. We used the example of wind. You cannot see it, but you can feel it is real and truly there. We have never personally seen God, but I know He is there. Faith is a wonderful thing and when we have faith, everything falls into place. Faith leads to action. I rely on faith everyday on my mission and through faith, I am able to become closer to my Savior Jesus Christ, and also help others turn to our Savior.
 
I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week, and remember to tem fé (have faith)!!!
 
Love always,
Sister Sender
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment