Sunday, July 21, 2013

Last MTC email

REMEMBER....NO LONGER WRITE TO THE MTC- USE BRAZILIAN ADDRESS

Last MTC p-day! These last few days have been wonderful. Wednesday was very special .I was able to host new incoming missionaries. I helped them get settled and feel welcome here in the MTC, so much fun. As you watch missionary after missionary say goodbye to their family I couldn't help but think two things. 1) It is incredible that so many families are willing to make such huge sacrifices 2) I love my family so much and am grateful for their sacrifices. After I finished hosting, I was standing outside my classroom door and a new group of elders walked by. I turned and said "welcome elders!" Only to see that I was saying welcome to my Cousin Christopher!! His classroom is across from mine and he seems to be doing so well. I checked on his district last night and answered questions they had. He looks great! Then Wednesday evening (same day) my brother Nathan came to the cafeteria for dinner. He teaches at the MTC and I asked permission to eat dinner with him before I left :) It was so wonderful! My district got to meet him and it was so nice to see someone I care so much about! I love him so much :) I felt ready to head off to Brazil after saying goodbye and can't wait to see my family again. 

Thursday was a long day of in-field orientation and Friday was lots of class and final lessons. As I took a little time to reflex the MTC experience, I can't help, but feel a little proud of myself. Not in a prideful way, more of a "wow I have been so blessed and have grown so much." I really do feel God's hand in my life and that the Lord would accept my progress thus far. I have grown a lot, but have a lot more to do and learn. I will and need to work even harder in Brazil and give even more of myself to the Lord. My faith is being strengthened and I am so grateful to be going to Brazil. Overwhelmed is the best way to describe it. Excited and humbled as well. I know the Lord will guide me and I am so grateful for the time I have had here in the MTC. The MTC is a place of miracles and large amounts of growth and also change of heart. It is here the Lord starts His molding process, so that His work is done His way in His timing. When it comes to missionaries... His timing is fast. I can do this! "I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me (Philippians 4:13)" One day at a time. Hand-in-hand with my Savior.  

May God bless each of you!  

Love always,

Sister Haley Sender 

PS: Next post- I will be in Brazil! Amazon here I come :) (first time outside of the USA)

 

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you, Haley!!! What an incredible young lady you are! I can't wait to read about all of your adventures! Sending lots of prayers your way!!!

    Miss Pavicic :-)

    ReplyDelete