Saturday, March 8, 2014

February 3, 2014


Dear Family and Friends,

Sorry my letters have been super short and slightly scattered this past transfer. Email time is short and it is hard to write everything I would like to write. 

 

This week was another good one :) (I think I write that every week) I learned a ton, and know that the Lord puts us in situations so that we can truly learn and grow. We each have weaknesses and things that we personally need to change. But the real question is "How?" How can we personally make changes and recognize that we need to change. I have a hard head, but one thing I have learned in the mission is how to accept critique and then change. It really comes down to our purpose in this life. Our purpose is to learn and grow so that one day we can stand before the Lord and He can freely say "welcome home there is a place prepared for you" I love the story of Enos and how that the very end of his teachings he tells the people that he is about to reach the end of his life and that he looks forward to the day when He will stand before the Savior and He will say  "welcome home, there is a place here prepared for you in the mansions of my father" This should be our goal in this life! To endure to the end, and one day be worthy to stand in the presence of God. I know that this is possible through the atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ, and through the choices we make each day. Repentance is a wonderful gift from God and I am so grateful for the opportunity we have to improve and be a little better each and every day. 

 

I love you all so much! I hope you have a wonderful week! Stay warm!! (I am not so jealous about the -18 hehe) 

 

Love always,

Sister Sender 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment