Saturday, March 8, 2014

February 24, 2014


 Dear Family and Friends,

 Here we go again with  a beautiful new area, new companion, and new people to meet. Icoaraci is wonderful and I already love it :) There are so many beautiful places here and I can’t wait to meet more and more people. This week was a week full of changes and learning. One huge change is that I am losing my accent!! All week people were asking if I am from São Paulo or forteleza and when I said the USA they just sat in shock... everyone keeps saying I don’t look like an American... I don’t know if that is a good thing or not, but as of right now that is a huge compliment :) My companion Sister Felix is wonderful and such a great example. We are working super hard and trying to strengthen the area a ton. She really loves the people here. It is great!   

I have been thinking a lot about our fathers plan this week and just how perfect it is. Our Savior gave his life for each of us, because of pure love. Pure love.  Also known as Charity. Christ was perfect and he choose to feel what we each feel and suffer what each of us has suffered. That kind of love is priceless.  Jesus Christ is the only person that truly understands and relates to each of us perfectly  because He has already lived every moment of our lives.  As I have started serving the people here I am learning how to love more like Christ.  My new area is filled of the humblest people I have ever met and I want to share my heart and just love them all. When I think of  how  our Savior loves them, how each of us is a child of God, I can’t help but  feel a drive to serve harder, love more fully, and fulfill my father’s work here in Icoaraci. I know that our Savior lives and loves us. He is at our side ready to help each of us. He knows the solution to every possible problem or challenge that we are facing. All we have to do is ask him and do our part and he will guide us through. I know this to be true because I have seen and felt his hand in my life. I know that He is aware of each of us personally and he will never leave us comfortless. That is the greatest blessing! We are never alone! I hope you all have a wonderful week and remember that it is through our Savior, we can do all things! 

Love you all!!

 
Love Always,

Sister Sender


Cultural:

The  month of march is  "carnival" google carnival in Brazil!! It is like martigrau in New Orleans  

- my  new area is filled with  wooden houses floating on water with bridges connecting them.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment