Thursday, September 12, 2013

September 9, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,
another fast week here in Capanema! We received two new sisters and divided the area. I love them so much and have learned a ton from them. One is from Chile and the other is from the south of Brazil. They are great, and yes I am the strange Americana haha.

cultural things
1) All juice here is fresh tropical fruit juice.... sooooooo amazing 
2) "bom bom" is the name of many different kinds of chocolate here 
(my favorite is "sonho de valso" dream of the walz) 
3) the mosquitos here are huge and "forte" very strong
4) lots of wild dogs, cats and horses everywhere 

This week I grew a lot in many different ways. My portugese jumped forward a ton and many people comment on it. One month in Brazil and I can communicate everything I want to say and understand almost everything people say. It is mind blowing! I know that I am not alone in my learning. When we are serving the Lord, he will provide a way for us to accomplish our calling.

A scripture I love in The Book of Mormon is in Mosiah 3:19 "For the Natural man is an enemy to God and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Hold spirit and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father." I love this list of attributes. I think of my sister Nicole and how she is a great example of this; she knows how to love with a perfect love. Here in brazil i am striving to become "like a child". It is a process and requires lots of prayer and effort, but I know that when we humble ourselves, the Lord can work miracles through our hands. 

I know that this work is important and more importantly, I know that it is true. It blesses lives and brings people closer to our Savior Jesus Christ. 

I love Brazil and love my mission! I love all of you and am very grateful for your thoughts and prayers. 

Love Always,
Sister Sender 

No comments:

Post a Comment