Thursday, September 12, 2013

August 26, 2013

Olá! Bom Dia!! This week was wonderful and even faster than last week! I can't believe it is almost September and everyone is starting school. Here in Brazil, school is all year around except in June, but the school days are half as long. 

I thought I would add a bit of cultural info into my emails every week because I tend to be very spiritual, but I want you all to know I am still a normal human being haha 
1) Almorço (lunch) is every day at 12 and it is huge! It is equal to our dinner. The whole family is home and eats together. They eat Jantar (dinner) around 7 or 8 and it is small and quick (equal to our lunch)
2) everyone sleeps after almorço for 1-2 hours (makes missionary work a little difficult)
3) everytime a car passes another car, motorcycle, or person they honk their horn. so all day I hear honk honk honk. The motorcycles drive like a person walks so the style of traffic is intense 
4) We dont flush toliet paper in Brasil... enough said
5) They shower 3x a day because of the heat

also my zip code is different now as of this week 66035-135 
(I dont think this is a problem with my packages.... not sure)


This week I learned a lot about planning and working with the members of the ward. My companion and I plan every night and set goals each day, but this week was different. We would have days where we taught eight lessons and others where we taught one and I noticed it had to do with our planning. Yesterday we had a really cool experience with this. Saturday night during planning, I was thinking about a family at church and felt we should visit them. I didn't say anything, and about 30 seconds later Sister De Lima said that she thought we should visit that exact same family. So During church, i talked with the sister and asked if we could pass by later that day and talk with her family. We learned that only their children are members and that she has been waiting for seven years to be baptized because they are not married. They both have testimonies and know the church is true! Sister De Lima and I were able to teach a spirit filled lesson and set a wedding and baptismal meta (meta=goal). It was incredible! 

i also know that members aer powerful in missionary work. When a member teaches I can always feel and see a difference. Missionaries are "strange" and members are "normal people". Help the missionaries!!! 

I know that this church is true and that through the gospel of Christ we can have perfect Happiness. 

*If you want to find happiness in life and have many of your deep life questions answered, ask my family! They can get in contact with the missionaries who would love to share information about "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints" It will be worth it! 

I love you all!! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! 

Love Always,
Sister Sender 

No comments:

Post a Comment