Tuesday, June 4, 2013

6/18/13
Boa Tarde!
Tudo Bem? How is everyone doing? Here at the Provo MTC, things are wonderful! I currently am in a trio and love it! My companions are great! Sister Clark is from WA and Sister Garner is from ID. We work really well together and study constantly.
I will be here in the Provo MTC for 6 weeks unless my visa comes. Rumor has it that the visa problem will be resolved in mid-July. I have also been told that I will learn more detailed Portuguese here in Provo, so I am grateful to be here. I arrived Wednesday and started learning Portuguese right away. By Friday my companions and I taught an entire lesson in Portuguese. It was a very humbling experience. Imagine trying to teach someone sobre Jesus Cristo wthout being able to fully understand them or express yourself. Difficult yet humbling. On Friday we learned how to pray and testify and then taught right after that.
At 7 am on Saturday we taught Henrique again and a tender mercy happened. After teaching him about our loving Pai Celestial (Heavenly Father) and Restoration of the gospeI, I felt inspired to testify that I knew the things we taught were true. I spoke in Portuguese and said "I know that our Savior (Salvador) Jesus Cristo lives and that God loves us. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true an that if we pray to our father in Heaven, we can receive answers to our questions. I knew Henrique did not understand everything I said, but right before I stopped, I looked at him and said "Eu Sei que Deus ama voce" (I know that God loves you). At that moment a peace filled the room and it did not matter that I couldn't completely express myself in Portuguese. Henrique could feel God's love for him. He felt peace; he felt the Holy Ghost. This experience is exactly what my mission is about. Bringing others unto Christ. I have the honor of bringing Joy and peace to the people of Belem and cannot wait to meet and serve them. I know that God is real and that Jesus Christ is our Savior. May God bless each of you this week!
Love Always,
Sister Haley Marie Sender
Ps: Please feel free to write me!
"Dearelder.com" is the best way! I will get your letters the same day as you write them.
Address:
Sister Haley Maire Sender 
JUL22 BRA-BELM
2013 N 900 E Unit 300
Provo, UT 84602




For the next 18 months I will be serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Belém, Brazil. I am so excited to serve and enter the next adventurous chapter of my life. As a missionary, I will be teaching the people of Brazil of our Savior Jesus Christ, and His love for all. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior that that through His sacrifice we can all repent and return to live with our Father in Heaven again. While in Brazil, I will be able to email family and friends weekly as well as write and receive letters. My mom will be updating my blog with my weekly emails, address changes and pictures. Please feel free to write or email me! 

Here is a copy of my mission call letter: 

Dear Sister Sender,
        You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Brazil Belém Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
        You should report to the Brazil missionary Training Center on Wednesday, June 12th, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Portuguese language. Your assignment may be modified according to the needs of the mission president.
        You have been recommended as one worthy to represent the Lord as a minister of the restored gospel. You will be an official representative of the Church, As such, you will be expected to maintain the highest standards of conduct and appearance by keeping the commandments, living mission rules, and following the counsel of your mission president. As you devote your time and attention to serving the Lord, leaving behind all other personal affairs, the Lord will bless you with increased knowledge and testimony of the Restoration and of the truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
        Your purpose will be to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. As you serve will all your heart, might, and strength, the Lord will lead you to those who are prepared to be baptized.
        The Lord will reward you for the goodness of your life. Greater blessings and more happiness than you have yet experienced await you as you humbly and prayerfully serve the Lord in this labor of love among his children. We place our confidence in you and pray that the Lord will help you become an effective missionary.
You will be set apart as a missionary by your stake president. Please send your written acceptance promptly, endorsed by your bishop.
                Sincerely,

Thomas S. Monson. President 


My visa has not arrived, so my travel plans have been adjusted. I will be flying to the Provo, UT Missionary Training Center (MTC) on June 12th and will be there for 6 weeks unless my visa comes before the 6 week period concludes (praying that it miraculously comes before June 12th, or soon after). Once my visa arrives I will fly directly to the MTC in Brazil :) 

God be with You till we Meet Again!! 

Love Always,
    Hales (Soon-to Be- Sister Sender) 









No comments:

Post a Comment